Rogers City Community Theatre


Rogers Theater

Old facade of the Rogers Theater

Rogers Theater "Before"

Rogers Theater is located at 257 North Third St., Rogers City, Michigan. It was constructed in 1937 as a classic, single screen small town movie palace in the Art Deco style. After a fire in 1947, the theater was rebuilt and expanded. Serving as a downtown landmark for decades, the theater was purchased in 2003 by Karl. W. Heidemann.

The new owner added a stage, theatrical lighting, and utility improvements. In the summer of 2009, exterior restoration brought back the black and orange tile work of the original theater façade.

Once the stage was available, an informal group of local theatre fanatics emerged that now constitutes the Rogers City Community Theatre (RCCT). Live productions began alternating with first run movies in a revitalized auditorium during 2004. In 2006, a summer youth program began as well.

In January, 2014 the theater underwent a massive upgrade.  The entire center section now has new, state of the art seating.  Along with the digitization of the movie presentation process, installation of Real-D technology for showing 3-D films, and a new (really big) screen, our home is set to become a destination for movie and theatre-goers throughout northeast Michigan!

Rogers City Theater's new facade

Rogers Theater "After"

photo © 2012 James Hopp, all rights reserved

Community Theatre
is alive and well on
Michigan's Sunrise Side!

Community Theatre Association of Michigan logo

CTAM

Northland Players

Northland Players, Cheboygan

Alpena Civic Theatre logo and link

Alpena Civic Theatre

Shoreline Players logo

Shoreline Players, Oscoda

Link to Tawas Bay Players

Tawas Bay Players

Web site designed by Donna Klein